Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Tree Skirt Keepsake

Every Mommy or Grandma LOVE projects done with handprints. It's so fun for you and your child to look back on and to remember how little they once where and how big they are getting. I just never know where to keep all of the handprint projects from year to year. A few years ago I came up with a way to put my children's handprints on something we bring out each year! I bought a white tree skirt. You don't have to buy white just make sure it's plain! Then EVERY Christmas, when you start decorating, have your children put their handprint on it along with the date. We just put the first letter of their name on their hand but you can write out their name in puffy paints if you like. It's so easy and one of the best Christmas decorations in our home and will be so much more fun as the years go by and as our family grows! 
Another idea you can do with this is get all of the Grandchildren to put their handprints on a Tree Skirt with the current year and give it to Grandma for Christmas!
Here is a new picture of our Tree Skirt! This year I have THREE little hand prints. My husband and I also decided to add our handprints by the trunk of the tree. We wrote Mommy and Daddy on top of our print!

I also want to share another fun decoration idea. Since you already have the paints out for your Christmas Tree Skirt then you can also make this cute Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer. You just need two googly eyes and a red puff ball to add to your child's foot and hand prints!

9 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE this Christmas tree skirt - what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! I wish I started this on Brenden's first Christmas but it's still so much fun to pull out, no matter when you start!!!! And I know I'm really going to love it when my kids are all out of the house YEARS down the road!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea! going to start it this Christmas with my 3 kids, ages 8, 6 and 2. Will look back and have such lovely memories x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marion,
      I'm happy you found me! YES, I can't wait for this year! My baby boy's FIRST christmas! Such a small little hand print! <3 I already look back on the prints, from just three years ago, with fond memories! Thanks for the comment! God Bless,
      *Colleen

      Delete
  4. Such a great idea! I love it! What kind of paint do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie,
      I simply used acrylic...
      If you water them down a little, it's basically the same as fabric paint!

      Delete
  5. Jillian11/25/2012

    I am looking for a plain tree skirt like the one you have pictured, and I can't find anywhere!!! Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jillian, I recently saw one at Target!!! I think it was 30 dollars! Also, Amazon ALWAYS has things that arent in regular stores...
      here is a link for a white tree skirt and it has some silver... its only 9.99
      http://www.amazon.com/Artificial-Buffalo-Snow-Christmas-Glitter/dp/B009ROMQHK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354018913&sr=8-2&keywords=white+tree+skirt
      There are other ones that would work but I linked the cheapest one!
      You could always find your own fabric and sew or have it sewn into a tree skirt! just an idea... =)
      Hope this helps! =)

      Delete
  6. Hello Colleen,
    I am Lauren Jenkins from Double Blessing Boutique’s Blog. I am putting together a post of great Christmas DIY ideas. I would love to have this craft on the post. The post will of course have links to your blog and social media sites of you’re choosing. The post will go out Dec. 15 and will be promoted through all social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, G+, and hellocotton). Please email me if you would like to be apart of this.
    I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Thank you for your time,
    Lauren (http://doubleblessingboutique.blogspot.com)
    doubleblessingboutique@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...