Friday, May 18, 2012

Maple Chicken and Vegetables~CrockPot Recipe

I had to share with you what I made for dinner last night!!! It was SO EASY that it almost felt wrong! This is totally a recipe that is PERFECT to bring out when you just have a baby, surgery, or just simply have WAY to much going on! A HUGE plus is that it is healthy AND your kids will love it! 

I really didn't measure out exact amounts of what I put into my crockpot... But I will guess the measurements... If you don't follow exactly it won't really matter!

All you need is:
  • About 4 Chicken Breasts 
  • 3-4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
  • 16oz bag of baby carrots
  • small red onion chopped
  • 3 tablespoons of 100% maple syrup
  • salt and pepper
This literally took me 5 minutes to prepare and I was DONE!
All you do is throw your chicken in the bottom of your crockpot and season with salt and pepper. 
Pour your Maple syrup over top.
Add your baby carrots, sweet potatoes, and onion.
Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper and you are DONE!
Set your crockpot on low and let it cook for 8 hours!

This is what everything looked like thrown together before I cooked it!


A few tips:
Make your sweet potato cubes large because they get VERY soft and tend to mush (unless you like it that way).
Also, even if you or someone in the family doesn't like onion.... you should still add a little! They cook WAY down and you can't even tell they are in there! 
My kids and husband didn't know! =)

Here is the end result picture one last time! The chicken is so soft and easy to pull apart! The veggies are separated from the chicken in the picture because I pulled all the chicken out to shred it right before serving. I also drained the excess juice from the crockpot. You can serve it like this or just mix it all back up and serve it in a bowl! YUMMY!
This recipe is now on my monthly dinner list!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really yummy. I have been on a sweet potato kick...just had one tonight. I love it when they're soooo soft and creamy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...